Monday, December 25, 2023

Well Used Bible

From a torn page in Dad's well used Bible, he had written the following:

     I believe in the sun even if it is not shining.  I.                 believe in love even when I do not feel it.  I believe.       in God even when He is silent.

I see that he capitalized the word he.  That makes me happy.  A sad overtone, the message seems sad to me.  He had a lot of hurt in his life.  To suggest that you don't feel love and cannot hear God are somber melancholy statements.  The first line's reference to the sun seems to say that both are still present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.