Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Get up, get back on your horse, and ride!

When you fast--and fall off the wagon, as I often do--the Devil will whisper in your ear, "You've failed.  Indulge all you desires.  There's no point now."  It's at that point that you say to Him above, "Sorry God.  My foot has slipped.  I will try again."  Nothing, so far as I've experienced, has ever been more proof positive of the existence of faith that you do something for God alone, such as fasting.

P.S.  Note to the reader:  I've never actually heard the Devil's voice audibly; it's much more subtle than that.  For if ever I heard the Devil's voice, I would no longer have to have faith--as St. Paul describes it--in Him above; I would, at that point--know without any doubt.  May God will it that I am correct in this thinking in Jesus' name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.