Sunday, December 3, 2023

Idolatry or Reverence

The altar at the front of the Church is traditional.  Many new Churches don't have it.  The altar is bowed to, not to worship the altar, but to give God the respect due Him.

My daughter gave me a Boston Red Sox hat.  I wear it all the time.  It's dirty and old.  I won't even let my wife clean it, for fear of wrecking the stitching or the fabric.  My daughter gave it to me as a gift, with money of her own from her part time job.  It is very special to me.  I don't love the hat; I love her.  And, because she gave it to me, it is special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.