Monday, January 4, 2010

Page 9

William Ramier wrote at 11:13pm on October 8th, 2008

no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing.
Taken from Romans 7:19
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 11:11pm on October 8th, 2008

"I don't understand these fears, 'The devil! The devil!', when we can say 'God! God!', and make the devil tremble."
St. Teresa of Avila
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 5:20pm on October 4th, 2008

In the very same way, these dreamers pollute their own bodies, reject authority and slander celestial beings. But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals—these are the very things that destroy them. They said to you, "In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires." These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit. Be merciful to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.
Jude 1:8-10, 1:18-19, & 1:22-23 (NIV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 5:11pm on October 4th, 2008

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.
Genesis 6:4 (NIV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 5:09pm on October 4th, 2008

And Daniel said, "Very well! You have lied against your own head, for the angel of God has received the sentence from God and will immediately cut you in two."
Susanna 1:55
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 7:19pm on October 1st, 2008

For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like men condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to men. 1 Cor 4:9 (NIV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 9:53pm on September 30th, 2008

Eternal God,
you have ordained and constituted in a wonderful order
the ministries of angles and mortals.
Grant that as your holy angels stand before you in heaven,
so at your command
they may help and defend us here on earth;
through Jesus Christ our Lord,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever. Amen

Swiped from The Book of Alternative Services
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 1:08pm on September 22nd, 2008

Here's a prayer for confession that I found on an OHC web page:

Oh Lord, I confess that I seek safety more than I seek you.

I seek to hide.

Unseen, I can not be laughed at.

Unheard, I can not be mocked.

Untouchable, I can not be struck.

My wall is nothing to you - you can touch, see, and know me.

My wall is everything to me.

Give me faith to stand outside my wall - vulnerable, weak, threatened - knowing that you are my comfort and my defense, not my wall.
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 2:23pm on September 18th, 2008

The Gospel story of Peter's attempt to walk on water may be my favorite Bible passage. Peter walks on water for a time, then his faith weakens and he sinks. As he sinks he calls for help. Jesus doesn't say, "You're screwed now Peter." He helps him up, saves him, when his faith leaves him.


"Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?" Matthew 14:29-31 (NIV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 4:42pm on September 7th, 2008

Many miracles and wonders were being performed among the people by the apostles. All the believers met together in Solomon's Porch. As a result of what the apostles were doing, sick people were carried out into the streets and placed on beds and mats so that at least Peter's shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by.
Acts 5:12 & 15 (TEV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.