Monday, January 4, 2010

Page 21

William Ramier wrote at 9:03am on February 17th, 2008

To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 2 Corinthians 12:7 NIV

William Ramier wrote at 9:00am on February 17th, 2008

And the wild beasts of the desert will meet here with howling creatures [wolves and hyenas] and the [shaggy] wild goat will call to his fellow; the night monster will settle there and find a place of rest.
Isaiah 34:14 Amplified Bible

William Ramier wrote at 10:39pm on February 5th, 2008

"We share information about good bargains at a store, latest reports on nutrition, restaurants that have delicious food or attentive service, good books we’ve read or what store has some great unadvertised bargains. When we do this we don’t worry about ‘imposing our beliefs’ on others."
The Rev'd Tanya M. Phibbs.

William Ramier wrote at 10:32pm on February 5th, 2008

"Thankfully, God doesn’t keep gift-giving score. I suspect we all know people who do that to a greater or lesser degree. Perhaps we do it a little bit ourselves. That person didn’t give me a present this year so I won’t get her one next year. That person spent more or less than I did on them so next year I need to remember to modify my gift-giving accordingly. That couple has had us over for dinner and now we ‘owe’ them a dinner. True gift giving isn’t about keeping score. It isn’t about assuming, or worse stating, that we’ve done our part because we give more money to charity or more time helping others or sit on more church committees than the person down the pew. Each person has different resources, are at different stages in their lives. If giving becomes merely doing what is expected of us then it is not giving in the true sense. God knows what each of us is capable of giving to each other and to Him. And God knows, regardless of outward appearances whether we are truly giving people. True giving is giving of ourselves—out of a heart of love. Giving generously, out of the abundance we have been given. It is giving ourselves." The Rev'd Tanya M. Phibbs

William Ramier wrote at 8:57pm on February 5th, 2008

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
Psalms 51:10 & 15 KJV

William Ramier wrote at 8:52pm on February 5th, 2008

"ALMIGHTY God, unto whom all hearts be open, all desires known, and from whom no secrets are hid: Cleanse the thoughts of our hearts by the inspiration of thy Holy Spirit, that we may perfectly love thee, and worthily magnify thy holy Name; through Christ our Lord. Amen." BCP

William Ramier wrote at 8:49pm on February 5th, 2008

"The medium is the intermediary between spirits and men, lending his energy (voice, gestures, writings, etc.) to the spirit who wants to reveal himself. It may happen that these spirits--who are always and only demons--will possess some of those who participate in the seance." Fr. Gabriele Amorth

William Ramier wrote at 1:00pm on February 5th, 2008

"I remember that I complained but didn't think of rebelling because there was a feeling about walking into the church that was different from anything else in my life." Br. Bede Thomas Mudge

William Ramier wrote at 9:28pm on February 4th, 2008


All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads:
Many bulls surround me;
strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.
Roaring lions tearing their prey
open their mouths wide against me.
I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
it has melted away within me.
My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
you lay me in the dust of death.
Dogs have surrounded me;
a band of evil men has encircled me,
they have pierced my hands and my feet.
I can count all my bones;
people stare and gloat over me.
They divide my garments among them
and cast lots for my clothing.
The poor will eat and be satisfied;
they who seek the LORD will praise him—
may your hearts live forever!
All the ends of the earth
will remember and turn to the LORD,
and all the families of the nations
will bow down before him,
They will proclaim his righteousness
to a people yet unborn—
for he has done it. Psalms 22:7 & 12-18 & 26-27 & 31 NIV

William Ramier wrote at 1:30pm on February 3rd, 2008

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:9 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.