Monday, January 4, 2010

Page 3

William Ramier wrote at 4:40pm on October 25th, 2009

"Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He sent forth his word and healed them and saved them from the grave."
Psalm 107:19-20 (BAS)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 12:03am on October 19th, 2009

Talk about scripture jumping out at you. Wow. Read Prov. 8:1,22-end, keeping in mind John 1:1-5. I really like finding stuff like this, like the 22nd Psalm or parts of Isaiah.
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 11:35pm on October 18th, 2009

I've heard before that a scripture you've read before can mean something different when you reread it, that it can seem to speak to YOU, that it can catch your attention. Wednesday's readings (Psalms 71:1-end, Ezek. 37:1-14, & 1 Thess 5:12-end) all jumped out at me, and I don't know why. They all had a common theme kind of. They just really jumped out.
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 12:49am on September 26th, 2009

"To give us true repentance; to forgive us all our sins, negligences, and ignorances;"
swiped from The Litany in the BCP.
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 12:47am on September 26th, 2009

"It is good for me that I have been in trouble, that I may learn thy statutes."
Psalms 119:71 (BCP)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 2:22pm on September 8th, 2009

"Truly, I am on the verge of falling."

Taken from the 38th Psalm.
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 10:33am on September 6th, 2009

"Mercy triumphs over judgment."

From the second chapter of the book of James
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 10:10am on September 6th, 2009

"There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them. They themselves are equally pleased by both errors and hail a materialist or a magician with the same delight."
C.S. Lewis
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 10:07am on September 6th, 2009

"The wicked are so proud that they care not for God; their only thought is, 'God does not matter.' Why should the wicked revile God? why should they say in their heart, 'You do not care'?"
Psalms 10:4&13 (BAS)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 10:03am on September 6th, 2009

"Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have punished by handing them over to the power of Satan; this will teach them to stop their blasphemy."
1 Timothy 1:20 (TEV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.