Monday, January 4, 2010

Page 7

William Ramier wrote at 2:55pm on January 2nd, 2009

A Prayer for the Unemployed by Patricia Hauze ©2003, Patricia Hauze (used with permission) (Click here to contact the author) * Oh God, hear my prayer and lead me to the right job; grant me financial stability; give me the strength to put my trust wholly in your plan. * * I trust you, O God, take this burden from me and show me your will. Open the right door before me and lead me through it. * Where I once lived in peace, now I live in conflict. * Where I once lived comfortably, now I struggle to make ends meet. * Where I once lived within the walls of luxury, I now face loosing my home. * Where I once lived in harmony with my family, I now face uncertainty with them. * Where I once lived with financial security, I now face possible poverty. * Where I once lived in a life filled with happiness, I now live in despair. * Where I once lived in the light of your love, I now face darkness as I loose hope. * "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." (Col. 3:23)
Taken from http://www.gigibeads.net/prayerbeads/prayers/prayers1.html
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 2:36pm on January 2nd, 2009

The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
Psalms 9:17 (KJV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 7:34pm on December 31st, 2008

Fight with prayer. Sometimes when we sin, we feel distant; we feel like we can't--or shouldn't pray--to God. Maybe that is when we need prayer most. It is a tool to fight the enemy. Fight with prayer.
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 10:47pm on December 26th, 2008

Do you wish to honour the body of Christ? Do not ignore him when he is naked. Do not pay him homage in the temple clad in silk, only then to neglect him outside where he is cold and ill-clad. He who said: "This is my body" is the same who said: "You saw me hungry and you gave me no food", and "Whatever you did to the least of my brothers you did also to me"... What good is it if the Eucharistic table is overloaded with golden chalices when your brother is dying of hunger? Start by satisfying his hunger and then with what is left you may adorn the altar as well.
St. John Chrysostom
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 4:46pm on December 22nd, 2008

Could it be that things sometimes happen just so that we can learn the lessons we need to learn? Or maybe there's just always something that needs to be learned, if we look for it.
Br. Bede Thomas Mudge
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 4:12pm on December 20th, 2008

"The nominal Christian West has disengaged the connection between religious faith and the way society is organized and run."
Paul Goulet
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 11:12pm on December 6th, 2008

Pray for the brothers of Mount Calvary Monastery who have lost their home in the California fires.

http://www.mount-calvary.org/
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 11:09pm on December 6th, 2008

"Gather before me my loyal followers,
those who have made a covenant with me
and sealed it with sacrifice."
Psalm 50:5 (BAS)

But to the wicked God says:
"Why do you recite my statutes,
and take my covenant upon your lips;

Since you refuse discipline,
and toss my words behind your back?
Psalm 50:16-17 (BAS)

You are always speaking evil of your brother
and slandering your own mother's son.
Psalm 50:20 (BAS)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 9:33pm on November 26th, 2008

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27 (NIV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 5:50pm on November 4th, 2008

The Nicene Creed

We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is, seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
of one being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary,
and was made man.
For our sake he was crucified
under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in accordance with the scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father.
With the Father and the Son he is worshipped and glorified.
He has spoken through the prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic
and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism
for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Taken from the BAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.