Monday, January 4, 2010

Page 8

William Ramier wrote at 4:34pm on November 4th, 2008

Our generation doesn't simply find talking about sin uncomfortable, we don't even know what it is anymore.
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 7:49pm on October 27th, 2008

Anyone who goes beyond Christ's teaching and does not continue to follow only his teaching does not have God. But whoever continues to follow the teaching of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
2 John 1:9 (NCV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 7:30pm on October 27th, 2008

This struck me as a fitting thought for this week. It's comforting to find that others have felt guilty for what they have not done while sick, and come to the understanding that you're supposed to do nothing:

I seem to have dropped a whole layer of baggage about the task of being sick and being in bed. It's where I belong right now. It's what life has given me to be lived. It is a full experience all on its own, some of it unpleasant and some of it less so. It isn't to be judged from the point of view of 'what I could be doing if I wasn't in this damn bed'. It's where I am, and it is good to be where I am, because God is where I am, not in some fantasy of where I should be.

Br. Bede Thomas Mudge
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 4:31pm on October 19th, 2008

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Matthew 7:3 (NIV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 4:30pm on October 19th, 2008

Sometimes we concentrate so hard on not being Catholic that we allow the way we see Jesus to come between us and God.
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 12:26pm on October 14th, 2008

While you were watching, a rock was cut out, but not by human hands. It struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and smashed them. As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. "In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.
Daniel 2:34, 42, & 44 (NIV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 12:17pm on October 14th, 2008

This punishment is given at the command of the holy angels. It will show to all who live that God Most High controls all kingdoms and chooses for their rulers persons of humble birth.'
Daniel 4:17 (CEV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 1:07pm on October 13th, 2008

For Help to bear Bereavement
O HEAVENLY Father, help us to trust our loved ones to thy care. When sorrow darkens our lives, help us to look up to thee, remembering the cloud of witnesses by which we are compassed about. And grant that we on earth, rejoicing ever in they presence, may share with them the rest and peace which thy presence gives; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Taken from the Book of Common Prayer
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 1:05pm on October 13th, 2008

They gave me gall to eat; / and when I was thirsty they gave me vinegar to drink.
Psalms 69:22 (BCP)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 6:34pm on October 9th, 2008

The community is all important to some people. To some it has become their idol. Yes, Jesus taught love. But, love of what? Love God more than anything. ...then your neighbour, even as yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.