Monday, January 4, 2010

Page 5

William Ramier wrote at 7:25pm on June 27th, 2009

If the Lord doesn’t build the house, the builders are working for nothing. If the Lord doesn’t guard the city, the guards are watching for nothing.
Psalms 127:1-2 (New Century Version)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 9:07pm on May 14th, 2009

It's out duty to plant the seed. And, we can hope that it doesn't land on rocky ground or get choked by weeds. But, ultimately we have to trust in God.
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 9:10pm on May 10th, 2009

In all the times I've read about Thomas' doubt at the end of the Gospel of John, I've always identified with Thomas. Today, for the first time, a new thought popped into my melon. When the disciples told Thomas that Jesus was alive and he said something to the effect of yeah right, they didn't kick him out. They didn't shun him. They didn't stop associating with him or stop talking to him. He was with them days later when Jesus returned.
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 12:13am on May 7th, 2009

This Sunday's Gospel reading was John 10:11-18. It got me thinking that sometimes, when the wolf attacks, I become one of the scattered. But, I know the shepherd will save me.
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 12:10am on May 7th, 2009

"Helper of the helpless, comfort of the afflicted, may your servants who stand in the midst of evil find strength in the knowledge of your presence, and praise you for the wonders of your love; through Jesus Christ our Redeemer." Amen.

Swiped from The Book of Alternative Services
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 4:54pm on April 30th, 2009

"When my spirit languishes within me, you know my path; in the way wherein I walk they have hidden a trap for me."
Psalm 142:3 (BAS)

As I read this, it jumped out at me. It's funny (not ha ha funny) how as we read the Psalms (or any scripture for that matter), they say different things to us at different times. It jumped out at me this time as I saw the path being my spiritual journey, and the trap being set for me being the tenets of atheism, things like Religulous, like natural selection and evolution (because most evolutionists explain--in my experience--that God and evolution can not co-exist), The Da Vinci Code, etc....
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 8:52pm on March 15th, 2009

If I know that it is a snake, and understand that it can bite me, I can be careful and try to pick it up. It still might bite me though. It is a snake after all.
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 4:37pm on March 10th, 2009

"That same day the king commanded the Egyptian slave-drivers and the Israelite foremen: 'Stop giving the people straw for making bricks. Make them go and find it for themselves. But still require them to make the same number of bricks as before, not one brick less. They haven't enough work to do, and that is why they keep asking me to let them go and offer sacrifices to their God!"
Exodus 5:6-8 (Good News Bible)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 4:26pm on March 10th, 2009

"Even my best friend, whom I trusted, who broke bread with me, has lifted up his heal and turned against me."
Psalms 41:9 (BAS)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 3:54pm on March 10th, 2009

"Therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows."
Psalms 45:8 (BAS)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.