Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hell

William Ramier wrote at 10:36pm

Why is it that nobody talks about hell anymore? You never hear it. Could it be that we're judging God by human standards? "A kind and merciful god could never condone eternal torture." Maybe it's what I call Three Little Pigs Syndrome. We hide from things that make us uncomfortable in our society. You know, before the story was changed (panzified?) the first too pigs didn't run to the third house to hide. They were eaten. Maybe the point of the story was for parents to scare their children into not being lazy, to impress upon them a lesson with a story they wouldn't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.