Monday, January 4, 2010

Page 12

William Ramier wrote at 5:50pm on July 11th, 2008

If someone were to slip and hit their head, we'd be more likely to believe them if they told us they invented a flux capacitor than they had a vision.
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 4:00pm on July 4th, 2008

I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.
Romans 7:18-19 (NIV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 3:23am on July 3rd, 2008

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
John 15:18-19
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 3:10am on July 3rd, 2008

Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.
Proverbs 14:34 (NIV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 1:46am on July 1st, 2008

The LORD preserveth all them that love him; / but scattereth abroad all the ungodly.
Psalms 145:21 (BCP)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 1:45am on July 1st, 2008

The LORD upholdeth all such as fall, / and lifteth up all those that are down.
Psalms 145:15 (BCP)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 1:41am on July 1st, 2008

Don't hesitate to discipline a child. A good spanking won't kill him. As a matter of fact, it may save his life.
Proverbs 23:13-14 (TEV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 8:52pm on June 30th, 2008

“It is telling that I can’t recall ever hearing anybody turn the expression around by claiming to be religious, but not spiritual. This suggests that ‘religious’ people don’t see anything wrong with being ‘spiritual,’ and are not likely to see the two as alternatives. Apparently, ‘spiritual’ people see religion as an obstacle to ‘spirituality,’ but religious people don’t see spirituality as an obstacle to religion.”
Abbot Andrew OSB
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 1:21pm on June 30th, 2008

Woe to the nations that rise up against my people! The Lord Almighty will take vengeance on them in the day of judgment; fire and worms he will give to their flesh; they shall weep in pain for ever.
Judith 16:17
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 8:18pm on June 22nd, 2008

Even the leaders of the people and of the priests committed many acts of sacrilege and lawlessness beyond all the unclean deeds of all the nations, and polluted the temple of the Lord which had been hallowed in Jerusalem.
1 Esdras 1:49

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.