Monday, January 4, 2010

Page 15

William Ramier wrote at 6:53pm on May 3rd, 2008

"It is our job to love folks and it is God's job to change them."

"God didn't command us to change them. He only commanded us to LOVE them."
Barbara Johnson
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 10:07pm on May 2nd, 2008

There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:28 (NIV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 9:27pm on May 2nd, 2008

An interesting follow up to my post on the 13th of April, maybe, is a second conversation with a different person. I was speaking with a support worker from a home. So, being curious--and knowing that they have a chapel on site--I went ahead and asked if they had a chaplain. It turns out, and to my great surprise, that they have a full time chaplain on staff. Why, I wonder? Is it old people set in their ways? Or, as Dad would say, maybe they're cramming for their finals. Maybe it comforts them. Maybe the services of a full time chaplain are even needed, in a practical sense. Am I cynical? Yup, I guess I am. However, I'm happy to see that they have one. I wish more institutions did.
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 4:49pm on May 1st, 2008

"We want a God who gives feel-good meaning, who responds to what we believe we need, not one to whom we owe all being and life, one who gives life through sacrifice, surrender, and death to self."
Br. James Randall Greve
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 10:01pm on April 30th, 2008

There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism; Ephesians 4:5 (TEV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 9:59pm on April 30th, 2008

There are other sheep which belong to me that are not in this sheepfold. I must bring them, too; they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock with one shepherd. John 10:16 (TEV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 9:57pm on April 30th, 2008

"It is easy to create what seems to be a godless universe by not paying attention to God."
The Rev'd Tanya M. Phibbs.
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 9:12pm on April 30th, 2008

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (KJV)

William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 12:36pm on April 16th, 2008

Our God, don't just sit there, silently doing nothing! Your hateful enemies are turning against you and rebelling. They are sly, and they plot against those you treasure. Psalms 83:1-3 (CEV)
William Ramier

William Ramier wrote at 12:34pm on April 16th, 2008

"How long will you keep judging unfairly and favoring evil people? Psalms 82:2 (CEV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.