Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Sword

 Homer may have said that the sword itself incites to deeds of violence, but I can tell you from experience that your mere presence can do that (from my days working security).  There are many things that can change the dynamics of a situation quickly.  I would also like to say that fear of inciting violence should not stop you from defending yourself and taking steps to do so.  It's better to have a sword and never need it than need one and not have it.  And, I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.  When St. Peter struck at the servant in the garden, Jesus didn't reply, "What the hell Peter!  Why do you have a sword?"  He told peter to put the sword away.  It was His time.

Palm Sunday readings usually provoke thought.  What I got this Sunday is that when Jesus is with the Disciples, with us, a sword is not needed.  When He is not with us, we need a sword.

He said to them,
“When I sent you forth without a money bag or a sack or sandals,
were you in need of anything?”
“No, nothing, “ they replied.
He said to them,
“But now one who has a money bag should take it,
and likewise a sack,
and one who does not have a sword
should sell his cloak and buy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.