Saturday, March 12, 2016

Reflection on Sin

If this is all I get from my Lent, so be it:
  • Obsessing about something is bad.
  • If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
  • Repent, and turn from your sin.  Try.
  • Sin is much like alcoholism; it's much harder after the first drink and never goes away.  Ever.
  • Everyone who sins is a slave to sin.  Let Him free you.
  • We can not be righteous on our own, otherwise we wouldn't need Him.
  • All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
  • Celebrate the victories, no matter how small; I can't stress how important this is. 
  • Don't let him tell you that because you have failed it is over; don't let the Accuser of Job lie and win.
  • I (we) continue to do the evil that we do not want to do.
  • If anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ the righteous.
  • Sin is everywhere and confronts us constantly.
  • Prayer is a powerful tool for us and weapon against the enemy.
  • Luke 5:8 makes so much sense to me now, and it is hard to face Him again.  Don't let the evil one tell you that you can't.
If this is all that comes from my Lenten discipline, poor as it is, then let it be so.

1 comment:

  1. Forgive me Father, for I have sinned against you, only against you, and done what evil. Although I don't deserve it, forgive me and strengthen me. Guide and protect me. I ask these things in Jesus' name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.