Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Handycap Parking

Somebody recently posted on FB that those who complain that there is no straight pride day are the same people who complain about handicap parking being by the door.  I resent this statement.  Besides, there can't possibly be that many handicap people in town.  On a serious note though, the statement is a strawman argument and is dismissive and marginalises those who are struggling with this issue of conscience, even I think it is reactionary and combative myself (to want a straight pride day).

P.S.  We need love in this dialogue--on BOTH sides. Don't fool yourself into thinking that if you have the moral high ground that anything you do is done in love, until you love the people on the other side of the argument (rather than belittling them & spitting spite).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.