Thursday, April 16, 2020

To The Emperor

1 Peter 2:11-end was a recent reading.  It struck me when I read it, which is when I should have written this post.  It is peculiar, in a way, to advocate for the obedience to authority.  I can certainly see how this passage would have been abused over the years.  I can also see how it may have helped to preserve Christianity over the years from authorities and the Empire.  But, it also has an important message abut hatefulness and spite, maliciousness and revenge; do not pay back an eye for an eye.  Jesus didn't; be like Jesus.  Vengeance belongs to the LORD after all.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.