Monday, April 20, 2020

Oh My B!

I gave the Anglican Breaviary another go today.  It's such a discouraging book.  I prayed Lauds, or I tried to.  I couldn't find the collect for the day, or the closing versitiles.  Wow.  Credit to the translator, the priest who penned the English version really went out of his way to explain it.  

I guess what I'm looking for is to more closely reflect the ancient monastic tradition in my private worship by sanctifying time and dedicating it to God.  I've even considered the traditional times--3AM etc.--although I doubt I'd have the discipline. 

P.S.  I really like the concept of Opus Dei, to dedicate our work to God as a holy offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.