Monday, April 6, 2020

:)

I remember when we were visiting St. Gregory's Abbey; I believe it was last summer.  And, as we were leaving, we entered the darkened Church to light some candles.  Chandra asked me if it was alright to light a candle for a dog.  To which I replied that of course it was, Page--her little companion--had reciently died.  The request meant a couple of things to me.  She respected the Holy space & maybe me enough to ask permission/approval; she could have said nothing and lit the candle for Page anyway.  I would have been none the wiser.  It also meant that she probably believed (something at the very least), otherwise why light a candle for Page at all?  Reflection...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.