Sunday, April 21, 2019

This Lent

It was a somewhat productive Lent.  I gave up several (5) things, failed miserably at most of them.  I stayed off of Facebook and coffee after the cruise, and did okay with the video games.  Holy Week was better.  I felt my faith.  I attended Maundy Thursday service at St. Paul's and Good Friday service with Fr. Ted at St. Barnabas in the city of St. Catherines.  Somebody stepped up at work and I got Good Friday off.  Thanks be to God.  There was a shift that ran, but it was volunteers and I was not needed; often when people volunteer, I am needed.  It worked out that we were ably to keep our plans and visit Fr. Ted.  The Good Friday service at St. Barnabas was different.  It is Anglo-Catholic, but they has Eucharist this year, with only the bread.  The bread was pre-consecrated from the Maundy Thursday service there, no wine.  They carried a large cruifix around the Church after the communion.  They didn't take up an offering, but I left a donation.  Chandra didn't go with us this year because of the short notice.  She had made other plans.  We met Beryl and Bob, Chandra and Hayden last night at the Keg for an Easter meal in Brantford.  It was pricy.  Today, we will be having Easter dinner with the folks in Stratford and Chandra and Hayden are planning on joining.  So, a pleasant and happy Easter so far, a so so Lent, a good Holy Week, thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.