Saturday, January 20, 2024

I before E except after C

I've said it before, but typos drive me crazy.  I spent an hour going through my 2024 posts, proof reading.  I'm so bad at this.  It strikes me as impressive that, the people of the just post Victorian era, those stern old teachers who taught my parents in school and myself in public school, were meticulous about their attention to detail and correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, cursive writing, and typing.  How did they do it.  Were they simply more careful?  Ah, well, I've decided to stop my retconning at January 1st.  It's a new year.  I'll start with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.