Tuesday, November 30, 2021

It seems like Canada is becoming less and less free.

I think the Declaration of Independence is perhaps the greatest document ever written.  The  US Constitution isn't too shabby either.  The ideas espoused in it....they are nothing short of amazing.  Sure, the grievances seem petty...and racist to some progressives now.  But, the spirit of 76 was really the product of a process that had been percolating for a very long time, the idea that the ultimate goal was freedom from tyranny.  We've somehow lost that value.  It has been supplanted with fear of offending, public safety, and Neo-Marxism.  We also fail to see when government slowly encroaches on it.  Like Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars assuming temporary emergency power, you never get it back but through bloody revolution.  Thomas Jefferson said that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance.  "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry

https://www.minds.com/newsfeed/1310790991954841603

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.