Wednesday, February 24, 2016

History

I was thinking of how little people know of our heritage.   Singing the song of The Battle of New Orleans,  the singer was totally ignorant to the story and even the lyrics.   I remarked that I couldn't understand why any Canadian would sing that song, especially with gusto.   They were taken aback.  I had to explain the whole war of 1812.  "Don't you realize that 'we' are the Americans and 'the bloody British' is us?"  Who sings a song about getting your ass kicked?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.