Sunday, February 9, 2020

Wow 37

Psalm 37 Part II was the assigned reading the other day.  I remember verse 21 of course; it first hit me as a judgement on the welfare state some time ago.  But, then there's the second half of that very same verse saying to give generously.  23 and 24 reassure me that I will not fall, though I should.  25 through 28 say to do good; God will protect the good and their children, but the evil will be destroyed.  Skip ahead to 33, God will not leave us in the power of the wicked.  35 and 36 say that the wicked do so well; but, they will not last forever.  39 and 40, God will save the righteous because they take refuge in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.