Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Vocational Deacon

I have often actually thought of having a ministry consisting of parish ministry as a vocational deacon for Churches that can't afford a priest.  But, I've never felt called.  I've watched lots of Churches close, especially down home.  It's very sad that St. John's United in Shigawake closed it's doors, a Church near and dear to me.  In Stratford, Centennial United and now St. John's has closed.  It's a tough time for rural parishes too.  And, one of the last great costs that a declining parish has is to pay a priest.  Some have multi point parishes to share the cost, but it is still a great expense to declining membership.   But, you have to be called to such a ministry and I have received no such call.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.