Saturday, July 4, 2015

Politics in The Church

You don't like to deal with me because you have convinced yourself that your political agenda is what God wants, and that if I was really found/Christian/saved/Anglican I would believe it too.  But it's not what God wants.  It is what the world wants.  God is unchanging.  I feel rough and abrasive like John the Baptist in the wilderness must have been perceived.  It hurts to kick against the goads. 

I am sick and tired of the Church trying to remain relevant in society.  That ship may already have sailed (and in large part due to the liberalizing of the Church and society--an argument for a different day).  Christianity was originally counter cultural.  That's its roots.  We need to be in the world and not part of it.  Then, God's light will shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.