Sunday, February 5, 2012

All Things

Today's reading from the new testament was 1 Corinthians 9:16-23. It got me thinking about SSM again. Paul says he is all thing to all men, to win them for Christ. Another thought just popped into my melon; what if when St. Paul was saying that women shouldn't have positions of authority in the Church, he was just being one of them to win them? Maybe he was a chameleon for Christ. It he could match the behaviour of those under the law, and those not under the law, why wouldn't he match the behaviour and culture of those in the Church to whom he was writing his letter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.