Sunday, August 14, 2016

Ahh

As I stood, dressed in my Church clothes, putting my wedding band--a sacramental--on my ring finger, I realize how much I don't want to go to St. Paul's.  It's not just a summer break anymore.  It's not just that Cindy works most Sundays.  I don't want to be there anymore.  Sure, as Cindy points out, there are lots of folks I like that will be there.  I think to myself that, God didn't do these things to me and say these things and change the Church and make it political, people did.  So, off I go.  Please God, let the homily not be about gun control or the merits of welfare or how evil men are or the pros of Western cultural suicide or Gaia worship.



2 comments:

  1. P.S. Fr. Daniel is actually very good; I have to give him his due. He keeps politics out of sermons, and I can't say enough about how refreshing that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.P.S. I can't wear my wedding band at work; and as a result of this, I don't wear it most days. I should be wearing it all the time; but, as it is a sacramental, it seems fitting to wear it to Church. An old Lutheran once told me that marriage isn't just between husband and wife; it's a three person relationship with/including God. That's what makes it a sacrament and what makes it work too. If you love God and yourself, most relationships will work actually.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.