Friday, July 2, 2010

Warm and Fuzzy?

William Ramier wrote
at 3:34pm
I've heard before that some people have problems with the psalms. Because, they're not all lolly pops and candy canes, not all warm and fuzzy. I never really have had a problem, because my God is a god who does judge, who does punish. However, if I had to pick one psalm that stands out as being particularly unnerving, it's the end of the 137th psalm:

"O Daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction,
happy is he who repays you
for what you have done to us-

he who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks."
Psalms 137:8-9 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. That being said, there's a nice little promise in the third chapter of the Gospel according to St. John.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.