Monday, July 5, 2010

God Used the Roman Empire

William Ramier wrote
at 6:49pm
I just read an interesting piece of scripture during a Bible study, and I'll share it here:

"For the scripture says to the king of Egypt,'I made you king in order to use you to show my power and to spread my fame over the whole world.'"
Romans 9:17 (TEV)

This scripture reminds me of another post I've been meaning to make, but that's for another day. However, I've often thought (while others are quick to point out the terrible pagan influences the Roman Empire had on Christianity) that God used the Roman Empire as a tool to spread Christianity. Interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.