Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mercy vs. Judgement

Because I'm a huge procrastinator, sometimes I miss the morning prayer when I'm on afternoon shift and instead do the shorter midday prayer. Yesterday, I was saying the prayer that starts, "Father of mercies," and I saw something that caught my eye/made me think. In the first line are the words mercies and compassion. There seems to me a strong message of mercy vs. judgement throughout the New Testament. And, we judge each other all the time. Jesus said that the second great commandment was to love your neighbor as yourself. Also, when Jesus quoted the Old Testament scripture, he once used the passage that says God desired mercy. If we treat our neighbor as our self, with mercy, there should be no judgement. May God have mercy on us as well. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.