Thursday, April 26, 2012

Freedom of Speech

As I post tonight, I see that a fellow blogger's blog has been removed. Who removed it? I do not know. However, I am and always have been an advocate of having the fundamental freedom of being able to express oneself.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
Voltaire

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." US Bill of Rights

"2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:

(a) freedom of conscience and religion;

(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;

(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and

(d) freedom of association." CANADIAN CHARTER OF RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS

1 comment:

  1. I was actually punished on Facebook once for posting something that somebody found offensive. I had my Facebook privileges restricted and was given a warning that I could be kicked off. The offence? I posted videos of speeches defending BOTH sides of the SSM debate.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.