Sunday, May 15, 2011

For the 2011 Synod of Huron

ALMIGHTY and everlasting God, who by your Holy Spirit did preside in the council of the blessed Apostles, and has promised, through your Son Jesus Christ, to be with your Church to the end of the world: We beseech you to be present with the Synod of the Diocese of Huron now assembled in your Name. Save its members from all error, ignorance, pride, and prejudice; and of your great mercy vouchsafe so to direct, govern, and sanctify them in their deliberations by your Holy Spirit, that through your blessing the Gospel of Christ may be faithfully preached and obeyed, the order and discipline of your Church maintained, and the kingdom of our Lord and Saviour enlarged and extended. Grant this, we beseech you, through the merits and meditation of the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Taken from The Book of Common Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.