Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cart Before the Horse

Sometimes, some of us Christians change interpretations of scripture to fit our doctrine. Or, as I like to call it, we put the cart before the horse. The JWs do this when they say that Jesus was not raised to life in the body to fit their doctrine that He returned in 1914 and we just can't see Him. I bring this up for a reason: A friend of mine, a fellow Christian, is so against the idea of Bishops (and the terrible evil they bring) that he has suggested to me that when the disciples chose Matthias to replace Judas, it was against the wishes of God. This however is just supposition, and is another example to me of people putting the cart before the horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.