Friday, November 17, 2023

She's right you know, about thanks...

Perl was right:

https://youtu.be/lwx-OjmEXTo?si=uBCMjiFalv_j7PiA

The mortgage, I've been paying it since we bought our house.  It was almost impossible at first.  We didn't split the bills, my wife and I.  I paid the mortgage and the utilities...and the insurance on both.  We've been in our home for 13 years.  On $16/hour, it was tough, all I could do.  After I started paying my daughter's university student loan, I started falling behind (dept/line of credit).  I spent 25 years in a factory, sacrificing for my family.  Nobody made me do this.  I chose it.  I wanted to provide for my family, like instinct and duty.  Some say this is Toxic Masculinity.  I say it is love.  I realized for the first time last week that, anybody can pay our mortgage now.  Groceries and clothing are now almost as much as I pay for our home.  The mortgage--death contract--is not big deal anymore.  It's trifling.  Inflation has robbed me of my worth, my sacrifice.  It's not appreciated, what I do, what I have done.  It goes unnoticed.  It's, "meh, no big deal."  For years as I fought to tread water, racking up debt, paying for a car, house, utilities, insurance, working overtime, sacrificing career and dreams, inflation has made me unappreciated as I will have lived a life and entered the grave doing no more than the minimum expected of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.