Sunday, December 18, 2022

To sleep or not to sleep, perhaps to die

Somniphobia, the fear of death when falling asleep.  Not sure, I don't know if this effects me.  I think it's more of a fear of acute death as you fall into sleep, racing heart, rapid breathing.  For me, it's more long term, big picture; I think about where my 47 years put me on the time line.  Although, I've also experienced the physical symptoms as well.  It sucks.  Irrational fears?  Maybe, but they don't seem to plague me so much during waking hours.  Does my conscious mind push them out?  This has troubled me always.  I remember crying to the babysitter as a young boy, as I contemplated my own mortality prior to sleeping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.