Saturday, October 29, 2016

Strike Four! You're out!

I thought of a good way to illustrate the wrongness of affirmative action.  What if baseball let players who were of African descent have an extra strike to compensate for their lack of advantage rather than treat all ball players the same?  Would that be fair?  How would we compare players of one era to another when the game would be so changed?  Who would be the greatest of all time?  What if we gave Hispanic players an extra two strikes and didn't count their errors in the field, but counted them as outs?  Not because they're not better ball players--because for the most part they are--but because, they are oppressed in America.  How does baseball get away with treating everybody fair when the workforce does not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.