Monday, May 25, 2015

Readings

As I rest in a seeming perpetual valley in my faith, and struggle with sin, the scriptures sometimes speak to me.  A few days ago, as I was moved to pray the daily office--something I have fallen out of the habit of doing, sadly--I read over two readings that really spoke to me.  They were part one of Psalm 107 (NRSV I believe) and Romans 12:1-13 (Good News Version).  They spoke to me about dedication to God, about sin, about redemption, about wandering in sin and being guided by God, about Jesus prophesy, about not being part of the world but letting God transform us, about each of us having different gifts, about prayer and endurance, and about love and giving.  It really spoke to me about renewal and the two passages seemed tied together with this common theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.