Sunday, May 31, 2015

Most Resistance

Remember when I said that prayers could be political?  I said a prayer for peace could be said three ways?  Well it happened again today.  The prayers of the people today (not to mention the agenda of Synod last week) was so left leaning that I left Church angry and resentful.   It's actually doing me spiritual harm to go to Church now.  Last week as I sat there I thought, "I can't stay here."  The Church has swung so far to the left.   I'd have been comfortable in the day when the Anglican Church of Canada was the Conservative Party at prayer, but that's not right either.  Where do I fit?  God guide me.  I need direction, and I'm staying in the path of most resistance.  I feel like Jonah not going where God really wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.