Friday, February 15, 2013

Pope Resigns

"Pope Resigns," reads the headlines.  Then, the online Catholic Church/Pope/Christian bashing begins.  One online meme, posted on Facebook, had a split picture of the Pope and Jesus.  On one side the Pope was saying that he resigned.  On the other, Jesus said, "We can quit?"  I said to my friend who pointed it out, "it's blasphamas, but it reminds me of an old movie that dealt with the issue.  Ever heard of The Last Temptation of Christ?"  The point I want to make here is the Jesus went to the Cross by choice.  He didn't have to do it.  Love is the reason He did, not fear.  It wasn't done because He didn't have a choice.  He went freely to the Cross and death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.