Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another Irony

I was talking with an evangelical friend a while ago, who gave me trouble for saying that I didn't think that I needed to have a road to Damascus experience to be a Christan. He said that "words have power"; if I say it, I will make it happen (and not have a vision/healing/dream/manifestation/other miracle). Okay.

Skip ahead to the next conversation. Same guy, different day, he was accusing priests of using a spell to magically (I really hate the use of that word by evangelicals toward the Eucharist--I find it very insulting) turn bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ, likening it to witchcraft. He insisted that words mean nothing, do nothing. They are, after all, just words.

But words have power....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.