Saturday, May 6, 2023

You Can Have Too Much Freedom

Is there a more repugnant phrase?  I don't believe the Marquis de Lafayette went far enough.  With his except whens peppered throughout his declaration, he effectively neutralized it.  I thought Jefferson did a much better job with his so long as stays within the boundary drawn around you by others clause.  But, even that doesn't go far enough.  I would say, not limited by law, not limited by others, your liberty should only be limited if it reduces the liberty of others, no other reason is ethical.  That makes me a radical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.