Monday, September 18, 2017

Active Forgiveness

I was reading a quote on the Desert Fathers FB group from Seraphim of Serov who said that we must crucify our ego on the Cross of silence.  It got me on a path of thought that lead me to the concept of active forgiveness.  Active forgiveness, as I define it, is forgiveness in the present.  For instance, Jesus asked the Father to forgive those who crucified Him even as they were crusifying Him.  St. Stephen asked for forgiveness for those who were stoning him even as he was being stoned.  Active forgiveness then, seems to go hand and hand with cruisfying our ego on the Cross of silence.  It is necessary in meeting hate to be able to practice active forgiveness in order to evangelize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.