Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Gun Control

I first met you during a campaign stop in the 2007 Ontario general election.  I was quite disheartened that you did not win and become our Premier.  Today, I would like to briefly bring your attention to the issue of gun control.  While I understand the problem of gun violence in Toronto, the focus needs to be on criminal possession of firearms, criminal acts with firearms, and on enforcing the already tough firearms legislation.  Legislating away liberty, making responsible firearm owners criminals is not the answer.  Making it harder to obey the law will not make those who already disregard the law follow the law.  Please don't seek to punish hunters, collectors, and sports shooters.  Don't lump us all together with criminals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.