Saturday, May 25, 2013

Just War

I got thinking about just war.  The idea was put forward by St. Augustine in the Christian world.  For generations, the Church supported war if it was just.  Now, politics, liberals, and peaceniks are opposed to war at any cost.  What changed?  I think we've become arrogant.  We put our faith in psychiatry, sociology, left wing ideologies, etc... and not God.  We value them more than the wisdom of the people of God for thousands of years, to our peril (thinking of the soldier killed on the streets of the UK recently--multiculturalism and political correctness, a debate for another time).  But, after all, we're smarter now than those simple minded pre industrial narrow minded cultists.  We have science.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.