Saturday, November 26, 2011

Camps

I had a thought last week, about the forces of republicanism and the forces of Christianity in society. It can mean very different things to those who are in both camps. For instance: If God is the most important thing in your life, then democracy and civil liberties are a gift from God, and we are lucky to be able to--have the right to do so--practice our faith in a free and democratic country given to us by God and through those who sacrificed for it; if republicanism is the most important thing in your life, religion--in any shape or form--is a force that attacks the heart of the republic/democracy from within, trying to impose it's values on all members of society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.