Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fear

"Fear the LORD." This is an old view now. My evangelical friends would criticize this view. They would say that God wants our love, not for us to fear him. They're right about the love part. As for the fear, I've always taken it to mean respect, revere, be awed by, and--yes--fear. Because, God is awesome. If people fall to the ground when an angel shows up, and they do, then God would make you drop a load in your pants I'd imagine. Anyway, to the point. I was reading Psalm 130 tonight. You guessed it; something jumped out. In the third verse it says that God forgives us, and that is why we should fear Him.

"For there is forgiveness with you; therefore you shall be feared." Psalms 130:3 (BAS)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.