Sunday, September 4, 2022

Straight Bashing

D&D has been an emotional rollercoaster for me.  So, I joined a new campaign. It has all LGBT members--including the celebrity DM--excepting myself.

I was exposed to *hate speech* as a player said, "Of course, it was written by straight White men," in reference to the editorial staff missing racist content in the Spelljammer books.

The DM let it slide.  I seriously thought about contacting the DM via private message to ask if he was aware that I wasn't gay and to ask if I was welcome.  

I decided not to.  I don't want to be THE problem.  If I make it a problem, then I am the problem.  I decided it was better to remain silent and play the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.