Wednesday, August 4, 2021

In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,

Today, this very day, I've noticed a whole bunch of grey in my beard that I've never noticed before, on my chin.  Lately, this Summer, I've thought I've had trouble focusing my eyes.  Is it my imagination?  Floaters abound, dark spots in my view.  I played slo pitch on Saturday, a four game tournament; I'm still limping.  My right Achilles Tendon is painfully sore and both sides have tightened up, despite being a long distance runner (10k-16k).  And there's nothing I can do about any of it.  God have mercy.  We are just animals, after all.  We waste away and leave this world weak, feeble, and often senile.  It's sad, painful to watch--in others and ourselves--happen, angering too.  I plan to resist it.  I'll fight it every step of the way, tooth and nail.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes%2012&version=KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.