Saturday, July 21, 2018

The One Sin That Can Not Be Forgiven

For a long time, I wasn't sure what it meant to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, or I thought it might be to insult the Holy Spirit. I've heard many different interpretations, including evangelical preachers saying that it was to commit the same sins over and over again--which doesn't follow for me. Some weeks ago, at a Sunday morning service, it was in the Gospel reading and I think I got it. It seems to have been in front of my face the whole time, meant to be taken at face value in the contest of the story in that Gospel reading; Jesus miracles being accused of being of the Devil was in fact blaspheming the Holy Spirit. That which is of the Spirit being labeled as of the Devil was to blaspheme the Holy Spirit. I think I got it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.