Saturday, December 23, 2017

Der

Last week I messed us the lectionary...and the psalter.  I don't know how because they cycle independently.  I've probably done it before.  I thought too that I've probably blogged the wrong scripture here too.  I was a week behind in the lectionary...and I have no idea how I got lost in the Psalms.  At first I was angry with myself.  Then I thought of the writtings of an old monk--Br. Bede OHC I believe--who admonished the reader to not be overly hard on oneself when making a mistake.  He was speaking specifically about meditation, but I believe the same applies to The Daily Office.  Sort of like, it's the message that's important and not so much the medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.